Artisan in Red
Unique one-of-a-kind wearable art. This draped wrap is designed from one of my large scale mixed media artworks called the Fool (based on the Tarot) and she represents bold new beginnings and a leap of faith (seemed an appropriate piece to launch this wearable art collection). Inspired by the modern kimono and designed to be flattering on a variety of body types. Loose fitting and flowy it works beautifully thrown over a plain shirt or t-shirt to add instant glamour to any outfit. Absolutely perfect for those times you would like your shoulders covered in those sleeveless tops or dresses. Generous cut, shorter in the back with flowing tendrils of chiffon in the front, this kimono can easily be worn belted or tied in the front to vary the look. This is truly the perfect item to take with you on your travels.
Sheer and lightweight chiffon, available with or without 4" black fringe.
Please double-check your sizing. These items are made for you at the time of order and returns cannot be accepted for ordering the wrong size.
S/M fits bust up to 37", length from back neckline to bottom hem is 23" - this generous cut will comfortably fit a standard US size 6-12
L/XL fits bust over 37", length from back neckline to bottom hem is 25" -this generous cut will comfortably fit a standard US size 14-18Ethically handmade in Canada each item is made only after your order is placed: please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery
- Lightweight woven chiffon fabric in 100% polyester
- Vibrant print will never fade with wear or washing
- Print will be seen well from both sides although inside is paler than outside
- Rolled edged finishing on hems
- Printed and Sewn by hand in Canada
- Dry clean or handwash in cold water in mild detergent and hang to dry
- Dramatic elegant look
- Kimonos with fringe should be hand washed in cold water with a mild phosphate free detergent, rinse and hang to dry, avoid washing fringe, and do not bleach.
- Kimonos without fringe can be machine washed is cold water with a mild phosphate free detergent, hand to dry, do not bleach.